21 Jun Vegan Blueberry Cookies
Posted at 16:14h in Recipes
- ½ cup vegan butter, softened
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 2 ½ tbsp blueberry jam
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar with the paddle attachment at a moderate speed for 2-3 minutes until well combined.
- Then, add the rest of the liquid ingredients (vanilla and non-dairy milk) into the mixing bowl and cream together for an additional minute.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together slowly increasing from low to high speed until a dough forms.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the blueberries – it’s okay if a few burst!
- Then, drop in the tablespoons of jam and lightly fold together with the dough. At this point the cookie batter should be pretty thick so if easier you can just use your hands to incorporate the jam. Be careful not to over mix as we want chunks of jam to be present in the cookies.
- In a separate, small bowl, whisk together all the streusel ingredients except the butter. Use a fork to combine the butter until you get a crumbly texture – don’t over mix or it will become a paste/dough.
- Place 1-2 tbsp size scoops of cookie dough balls on your cookie sheet and lightly flatten. Top with a spoonful of streusel.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes or until the edges are golden brown, but the inside is still soft. For best results, let cool on a cooling rack for 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Nourished with Natalie.