17 Apr Stuffed Zucchini and Yellow Squash Parmesan
Posted at 09:49h in Recipes
Stuffed Zucchini and Yellow Squash Parmesan
Stuffed zucchini and yellow squash is a delicious way to prepare fresh Southern Hill Farms yellow squash and zucchini! Give this recipe a try with dinner this week!
- 2 medium-sized zucchini or yellow squash
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- Olive oil for cooking4
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Instructions to Prepare Stuffed Zucchini and Yellow Squash Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut off the stem side of the zucchini or yellow squash and cut zucchini or yellow squash evenly in half lengthwise.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out the seeds from each half to create room to hold other ingredients.
- Preheat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the preheated pan.
- Season the zucchini or yellow squash with salt and pepper.
- Place the zucchini or yellow squash skin side up in the sauté pan and cook for about 2 minutes on both sides.
- Remove from pan and place on a cookie sheet skin side down.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine panko, 1 tablespoon olive oil, chopped basil and Parmesan cheese.
- Season ingredients to taste with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Evenly distribute the ricotta cheese and marinara sauce on top of the zucchini or yellow squash.
- Top the yellow squash and zucchini with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Evenly sprinkle the breadcrumb topping mixture on top of the zucchini or yellow squash.
- Bake the stuffed zucchini or yellow squash for 10 minutes or until topping is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve warm.
Recipe courtesy of Fresh from Florida.