12 Mar Strawberry Crunch
Take advantage of all of your sweet, juicy Southern Hill Farms strawberries with a light and creamy Strawberry Crunch. Simply whip together fresh berries with egg whites, fold in whipped cream, then spread the mixture in a pan between layers of crunchy pecan crumble.
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, diced
- ½ pint (1 cup) heavy whipping cream, whipped (or 2 cups premade whipped cream)
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans and butter. Spread the mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites using a hand or stand mixer until foamy. Add the lemon juice and beat until combined. Add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until the mixture is stiff. Add the strawberries and beat for 20 minutes on high speed until light and airy. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread half the pecan mixture evenly over the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Pour in the strawberry mixture and spread out evenly. Top with the remaining pecan mixture. Cover with foil and freeze for at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Farm Flavor.