19 Mar Smoothie with Blueberry and Turmeric
Posted at 14:34h in Recipes
For a creamy, comforting treat, you’ll love this Blueberry Turmeric Smoothie. The starring flavors come from fresh ginger and turmeric, but bananas and blueberries bring the sweetness (and just a pop of tart). With almond milk as the base, this smoothie is perfect for anyone looking for dairy-free options to start their day – or refuel with a sippable snack.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup ice cubes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh turmeric
- In a blender, purée almond milk, bananas, blueberries, ice, ginger, and turmeric until smooth.
- Divide between 2 glasses.
Sweeten with honey if desired.
Boost with chia, hemp, or ground flax seeds.
Recipe courtesy of U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council.