03 Apr Pesto Pasta with Chicken, Zucchini and Corn
Posted at 13:25h in Recipes
Farm fresh zucchini is available this spring at Southern Hill Farms. Looking for a new dish to try with the zucchini you pick? Give dish a try! Pesto Pasta with Chicken, Zucchini and Corn is the perfect dish for busy weeknights. Simply roast the chicken and zucchini on a sheet pan, then mix it together with pasta, pesto and corn for a quick, easy and family-friendly meal
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 zucchinis, halved and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 2 cups prepared pesto
- 1 cup corn kernels
- Shaved Parmesan cheese (for serving)
- Fresh basil (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss chicken tenders with 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, toss zucchini with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Place chicken tenders and zucchini on separate sides of the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the zucchini is tender. Set aside to cool. Once cool enough to handle, cut chicken tenders into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Boil a large pot of water and cook fettuccine according to package instructions. Drain pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the pesto and corn, and cook until heated through. Add the pasta, zucchini and chicken to the skillet and toss until everything is combined and warm.
- Serve pasta warm with shaved Parmesan and fresh basil on top.
Recipe courtesy of Farm Flavor.