05 Apr Blueberry Zucchini Cake with Lemon Buttercream
Posted at 13:47h in Recipes
Blueberry Zucchini Cake with Lemon Buttercream
This blueberry zucchini cake with lemon buttercream is the sweetest way to use two of the crops available for u-pick at Southern Hill Farms!
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- fresh lemon juice
- Set oven to 350F
- Lightly grease and flour a 9×13 baking pan.
- Beat the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar until well blended. Fold in the zucchini.
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda to combine. Slowly add it to the wet mixture, mixing just enough to blend.
- Fold in the blueberries, and pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 50 minutes, just until the top is turning golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out without wet batter clinging to it. Cool on a rack.
- To make the frosting, put the softened butter into the bowl of a food processor and process until creamy. Add the sifted powdered sugar, one cup at a time, processing till smooth after each addition. After the second cup of sugar add in the lemon juice. Scrape down the sides of the machine as necessary. Adjust the texture by adding a little more lemon or a little more sugar.
- Frost the cooled cake and store in the refrigerator.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 177mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 61g | Vitamin A: 92IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg