13 Apr Blueberry Peach Orzo Salad
Blueberries and peaches are two of the very best things available in the spring at Southern Hill Farms. Looking for unique dishes to use your fresh, local produce? Get ready – this crowd-pleasing blueberry peach orzo salad is about to become your signature dish. Perfect for potlucks, picnics and parties. Last-minute plans? No stress. Just toss a blueberry peach orzo salad together and let the compliments roll in.
Ingredients for Blueberry Peach Orzo Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces (about 1 1⁄3 cups) uncooked orzo pasta, cooked, drained and cooled with cold water
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 peach, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- In a serving bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, kosher salt and pepper until blended.
- Add cooled orzo, blueberries, peach and arugula and stir until evenly coated.
As desired, use your favorite gluten-free pasta, quinoa or rice as a substitution.
Recipe courtesy of U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council.