08 Mar Blueberry Cream Cheese Breakfast Braid
Posted at 12:43h in Recipes
- 1 (8 oz.) tube, crescent dough sheet
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ c. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 c. (1 pint) fresh or frozen blueberries (Use your fresh or frozen SHF Blueberries!)
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- ¼ c. sliced almonds
- 2 Tbsp. turbinado or raw sugar
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On parchment paper, roll out the crescent dough, and pinch together any holes or perforations.
- On a bowl, cream together the 4 oz. of cream cheese and 2 Tbsp. of sugar. Spread into the center of the dough, leaving about 4″ on each side. Using kitchen shears or a knife, cut diagonal 1″strips along the sides of the dough.
- Rinse and drain the blueberries. In a bowl, add the remaining 2 Tbsp of sugar, and the cornstarch, and mix together to coat the berries. Pour the berry mixture over the center cream cheese area of the dough. Sprinkle the berries with the sliced almonds.
- Gently fold over each end of the dough on to the berries, and fold in each strip of the dough, until all the berries and almonds are encased. Sprinkle the top of the dough with the turbinado or raw sugar granules. Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes.
- While pastry is baking, mix together the glaze by creaming together the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and milk. Mix until smooth.
- When breakfast braid comes out of the oven, drizzle with glaze. Slice and serve.