05 May Sweet Honey Corn Cake with Blueberry Compote
Posted at 10:52h in Recipes
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup corn kernels
- Powdered sugar (for topping)
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, butter, yogurt, honey and eggs. Add the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Stir in the corn.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the middle of the cake is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then run a knife along the sides to loosen the cake. Flip cake out onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- While cake cools, combine all blueberry compote ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the blueberries pop and break down and the mixture forms a jam-like consistency. Set aside to cool.
- Once cake is cool, dust with powdered sugar and top with cooled blueberry compote. Slice and serve immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Farm Flavor.