11 Mar Balsamic Blueberry Baked Brie
Posted at 10:33h in Recipes
- large brie round
- 3-4 slices bacon
- 2 Tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (Use your favorite Southern Hill Farms blueberries)
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar(or try with Southern Hill Farms blueberry vinegar)
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Cracker, toasted baguette, apples, etc., for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place brie round on baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut into the rind on the top of the brie about a quarter inch from the edge. Do not remove the rind.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until cheese is soft and melted.
- While the Brie is baking, in a skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon from the pan and place on paper towels
Leave about 1 Tablespoon of the bacon grease in the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add shallot and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until they become translucent.
- Add the frozen blueberries, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and cinnamon to the pan, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 8-10 minutes until the liquid is reduced and the mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the bacon.
- Move the hot brie to a serving plate. Carefully remove the top rind using a sharp knife to separate it, if needed.
- Top brie with blueberry mixture and serve with crackers, baguette, apple, etc.
Recipe Courtesy of cupcakesandkalechips.com