We welcome and encourage everyone in our community to use our stunning farmland and alluring crops for their casual photography, selfies, private social media and blogging use during our normal business hours. Due to the nature of farming, the weather, the public and other elements out of our control, we cannot guarantee that other guests will not be present in the background of your photographs during business hours or that the weather and/or crops will be ideal. Southern Hill Farms cannot provide a professional photographer, all clients or photographers are responsible for coordinating their independent photo shoots. We look forward to hosting you at our farm soon!
What is considered professional photography?
Professional photography is any photographer, videographer or individual who wishes to use Southern Hill Farms crops, equipment, grounds or property for financial, organization and/or business gains.
Examples of professional photography and videography include:
- A photographer/videographer who books a client shoot and/or mini sessions in our sunflower fields, blueberry fields, peach fields or general farmland during business hours.
- A business or organization/entity who wishes to use Southern Hill Farms as the location for their commercial project. Examples include photography of a business’ merchandise worn in our sunflower fields or video content for their business or organization.
- An individual who sells their photographs or videos taken of Southern Hill Farms property for financial gain. This includes images of our crops, infrastructure and land.
Professional Photography Policy during FALL FESTIVAL ONLY
Professional photography is permitted at our Fall Festival events with a paid admission ticket, an additional photography pass purchase is not required. The photographer, clients and anyone involved in the photoshoot process that will need access to the farm grounds must purchase a ticket online, in advance, for the date and time that they wish to attend. If an event date and time has sold out, additional tickets will not be made available. Please keep in mind that our Fall Festival events are public events held rain or shine, other guests will be on the farm. Photographers and clients are not permitted to bring in large photography equipment that will obstruct other guests’ access or views, as well as large props. Small, packable equipment is permitted. In addition, all guests must abide by “family appropriate” clothing (lingerie and other revealing clothing is not permitted), and specific areas on the farm cannot be held or reserved for your photoshoot. Drones are not permitted during any of our public events.
Professional Photography Services Pass required during WINTER & SPRING U-PICK SEASON ONLY
Professional Photography Services Passes are required for anyone listed above with the intent of utilizing Southern Hill Farms for their work. Available every day that were open during the months of December through June, passes can be purchased at the Greeter Barn (near the main entrance of the farm) upon arrival. If you are an individual who has booked a professional photographer for your family photo shoot, please communicate our policy to them so they are aware of the requirements before booking the shoot.
- Passes are $100 plus tax and are valid during regular business hours on the day of purchase.
- Passes are 1 day use only.
- Only the photographer/videographer is responsible for obtaining the Professional Photography Services Pass. If the cost is to be split with a client, entity or group, it is the photographer’s responsibility to organize payment.
- Passes give the photographer access to every location on the farm, including the sunflower fields. Additional purchase of the Flower Field Area Pass is not required.
- Please keep in mind that anyone else attending the photoshoot (client, individual, organization) besides the photographer will be responsible for purchasing a Flower Field Area pass ($6 plus tax for guests 10+, $4 plus tax for guests 9 and under) if they wish to enter the sunflower fields. Passes can be purchased at the farm.