3rd-5th Summer Farm Camp at SHF!
June 8 8:00 am - June 12 2:00 pm$225
At Southern Hill Farms, we believe time on the farm is time well spent, and we want our farm to be a place for our community to make memories that will last a lifetime. It’s a gift to teach your children where their food comes from, who grows it, and that sometimes fresh air and a little sunshine just might be all you need to revitalize the spirit. We want to make a healthy and well-balanced life simple and attainable, but most importantly we want to give you the chance to know your local farm and love your local farmer.
Join us for our first ever sun and fun-filled Summer Farm Camp this June! During our week-long camp, children will be immersed in their local agriculture and given the opportunity to learn all about what farmers do and how we grow our crops right here in central Florida. Campers will enjoy a wide range of farm camp activities and end the week with a splash at water day! Activities include learning what it means to grow a sustainable crop, how to take care of plants, learning how to make some of the handmade products and food that we sell right here at our farm, and creating unique arts and crafts. They will learn new skill building tools, enjoy lots of sunshine and outdoor play, as well as build friendships with other children from their community.
What is offered during our summer farm camp:
• This is a week-long camp, individual day drop-ins are not permitted.
• Eligible children must have completed 3rd, 4th or 5th grade at the end of the 2019-2020 school year. Camp will be held Monday through Friday, June 8th through 12th, 2020.
• Drop-off is between 8:00 am to 8:30 am, and pickup is between 1:30 pm to 2:00 pm, daily. A late pick-up fee of $1/minute will be charged per camper picked up after 2:00 pm.
• The cost per child is $225.00, including taxes, and is paid upon completion of the required registration paperwork. Spots are limited and your child’s camp registration is not reserved until we receive their completed registration paperwork and payment.
• Our SHF farm camp counselors are CPR and First Aid certified, and have undergone background checks. We take great pride in our farm and choosing our team members to work alongside us, and our ratio of camp counselors to students is 1:15.
• All campers will receive a drawstring bag on the first day of camp that they can use for water bottles, hats, sunglasses, sunscreen, and other personal belongings during the week. They will also receive a Southern Hill Farms t-shirt to wear on the final day of camp!
• Every morning upon arrival, children will start the day by preparing an afternoon snack (i.e. popsicles, muffins or smoothies). They will enjoy these snacks at the close of farm camp each day.
• Lunch will be provided by Southern Hill Farms daily, and is included in the cost of registration. The menu is subject to change, but will typically include one of the following: a hamburger, hotdog, chicken nuggets, sub sandwich, pizza and chips. Water, soda, and blueberry lemonade will be provided as well. Campers are welcome to bring a lunch from home, but please note that the registration cost will remain the same. Lunch will be served at 11 am.
• To celebrate the final day of camp, children will get to enjoy water day on the farm! This will be a fun day filled with water balloons, bubbles, kiddie pools, games and more.
For more information, please contact our summer farm camp director, Kahley Novak at 407-986-5806, extension 3, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to sharing our farm with our community this summer, thanks for loving your local farmer!