- This event has passed.
The Polar Express Movie Night Event Under the Stars
December 8 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
THE POLAR EXPRESS MOVIE WILL BEGIN AT 6:30 PM ON THE 8TH AND 9TH. PLEASE BRING A BLANKET AND/OR FOLDING CHAIRS TO SIT ON. NO PETS, OUTSIDE FOOD OR COOLERS PLEASE. WE ACCEPT CASH AND CREDIT EVERYWHERE ON THE FARM.
Join us for family Christmas magic at Southern Hill Farms! We are hosting our 2nd Annual Polar Express Movie Night and Christmas event on Friday, December 8th and Saturday, December 9th from 5 pm to 9 pm. We will be playing The Polar Express movie, rated G and featuring Tom Hanks, beginning promptly at 6:30 pm on the 8th and 9th. The Polar Express movie is 1 hour and 40 minutes in length. Admission is $5 per person with a $25 IMMEDIATE family maximum (mom, dad and children). Children 2 and under are free.
• Guests will enjoy a short hayride from our parking area to the North Pole “Barn”, a picture opportunity with Santa Claus as well as ‘picture perfect’ photo op areas, food trucks for dinner and face painting throughout the event, yard games for adults and children, our covered playground, new permanent restrooms, a souvenir “Santa’s Sleigh” jingle bell and The Polar Express movie on the lawn. Come early and view the beautiful sunset from our observation deck. Our Southern Hill Market and Southern Hill Donut Shop will also be open!
• In our Southern Hill Market we will have frozen blueberries ($2/lb, pre-packaged in a 4 to 5 lb bag), hot chocolate, hot and frozen apple cider, frozen and regular blueberry lemonade, coffee, chocolate chip cookies, s’mores kits and marshmallow kits with fire pits for roasting, local raw honey, kettle corn and popcorn, blueberry cobbler and much more for purchase. We will have our handmade lotions, lip balm, sugar scrubs and candles, all made right here at the farm. They make perfect teacher gifts, hostess and Christmas gifts, and stocking stuffers! We accept both cash and credit.
• Twisted Plates and Black Bear BBQ food trucks will be serving food from 5:00 to 8:30 pm, and we will have hot, fresh and delicious apple cider donuts for purchase throughout the event.
• The movie will be played outside, so please dress accordingly. A jacket, closed toe shoes, and any hats, scarves, or gloves that you feel that you may need for a slightly chilly (and Christmas-like!) evening is suggested.
• Please don’t forget your blanket and/or folding chairs to watch the movie. The movie will be playing outside in a grass field and begins promptly at 6:30 pm. No pets, outside food or coolers please.
• In the spirit of The Polar Express, we encourage everyone, adults and children alike, to come in your pajamas for this event!
• We will be taking your payment as you drive into the parking field, so please be prepared to pay as you are parking. It is $5 per person, and any child 2 and under is free. There is a $25 IMMEDIATE family maximum (mom, dad and children, this does not include grandparents, nieces and nephews, cousins, etc.). We will be accepting cash and credit.
• Please note that parking is in a pasture and it is about a 1/4 mile walk to the North Pole Barn (you have the option to take a hayride to the North Pole Barn or walk from the parking area), and our farm is located down a Lake County clay road (Schofield Road).
All event details are subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather. Please visit our website on the day of your planned visit for final event details. Our address is 16651 Schofield Road, Clermont, FL 34714. We are looking forward to spending Christmas with you and making more wonderful family memories at the farm. Thanks for loving your local farmer!